Greek exports down 12.2% in November

Economy
Wed, 10 Jan 2024 7:40 GMT
Greek exports fell 12.2% in November for a decline of 7.5% in the 11-month period from January to November 2023, but their value exceeded 47 billion euros recording the second highest level in history.
Greek exports down 12.2% in November

Greek exports fell 12.2% in November for a decline of 7.5% in the 11-month period from January to November 2023, but their value exceeded 47 billion euros recording the second highest level in history.

The improvement in export performance of food, oils and fat, alcohol and tobacco partly offset a decline in the exports of industrial products. The value of exports totaled 4.292 billion euros in November, down 12.2% from November 2022, while imports totaled 6.953 billion, down 19.3% over the same period. Exports excluding oil products were down 10%, while imports fell 3.5% in November. The trade deficit rose 7.3% to 2.166 billion.

In the January-November period, the value of exports amounted to 47.196 billion euros, down 7.5% from the corresponding period in 2022, while imports fell 12.9% to 11.232 billion euros. Excluding oil products, exports fell 1.3% and imports eased 3.2%, with the trade deficit shrinking by 5.8% to 23.254 billion euros.

Food (573.1 million, up 9%), machinery and vehicles (233.1 million up 5.2%), oil/fat (534.2 million up 63.4%) and alcohol/tobaco (145.2 million up 14%) led exports, while industrial products (1.084 billion, down 13.7%), chemicals (116.9 million down 2.1%) and raw materials (321.2 million down 18.1%) recorded declines.

The 57.3% of Greek exports was sent to EU-27 member-states and the remaining 42.7% to third countries.

AMNA

MILLET MEDIA OE.
BİLAL BUDUR & CENGİZ ÖMER KOLLEKTİF ŞİRKETİ.
Address: Miaouli 7-9, Xanthi 67100, GREECE.
Tel: +30 25410 77968.
Email: info@milletgazetesi.gr.