"Decisions taken been determined"
The article titled "Decisions taken been determined" written by Aydın Hasan was published in Milliyet.
In the article published on March 15th stated that despite toughening bilateral relations with Greece, efforts have been made in recent years to create an atmosphere similar to that established by Atatürk and Venizelos in the 1930s on both sides of the Aegean Sea.
The article published on Milliyet.com.tr mentions the positive steps taken between the two countries since 1999.
In the article, which emphasized the importance of the exploratory talks between Turkey and Greece, it was decided to continue the talks as "consultative" after 2021, although the talks were interrupted from time to time.
It is stated that during the meeting between Erdoğan and Mitsotakis without ties in Istanbul, steps were taken to improve bilateral relations.
ISTANBUL-THESSALONIKI SPEED TRAIN PROJECT
Some of the projects planned to be implemented between the two countries are as follows:
- Increasing the trade volume between the two countries first to 7 billion dollars and then 10 billion dollars.
- Initiation of ship voyages to transport cargo and passengers between İzmir and Thessaloniki.
- The project of establishing a high-speed train line between Istanbul and Thessaloniki.
- Construction of a second highway bridge at the Ipsala-Kipi border crossing.
- Increasing airline flights between the two countries.
- The educational and religious problems of Turkish citizens of Greek origin living in Istanbul, Turkish Minority of Western Thrace and Greek citizens living in the Dodecanese.
- Preserving the Turkish-Ottoman cultural heritage in Greece and Greek cultural heritage in Turkiye and leaving it to future generations.
“I believe we've laid the foundations”
After the meeting with Erdogan, PM Mitsotakis went to the Consulate General of Greece in Istanbul. There he met with the Fener Greek Patriarch Bartholomew.According to the statement made by the Greek Prime Minister's Office; Mitsotakis told Bartholomew that he had a positive, sincere and open meeting with Mr. Erdogan.